The European blackjack is a variant of the game very unique and exciting. Some players think that American blackjack draws its origins from this version. This game looks a lot like classic blackjack found in casinos, but there are some differences to note.
The true origin of Blackjack is still subject to debates. Some people think that blackjack was created during the 13th or 14th century. But this game was a little different because the goal was to form a hand that is worth 31.
Nevertheless, it is commonly accepted that the game is from Europe. It is not clear if the game comes from Italy or Spain, but it was the Australian and the Germans who popularized on the 21st, the original version of European blackjack. Read our article below to learn how to play European blackjack.
Play European blackjack online
The basic rules of European blackjack
European blackjack is played with 6 packs of standard cards. There are also variants that have played with 4-8 packets. Normally, the cards are beaten after each game of the game.
In general, this variant has the same principles as other versions of blackjack with few differences. These rules also apply to European Blackjack in a online casino.
Here are some basic concepts of European blackjack:
- The player plays against the house / the dealer
- Each game is played with 2-8 packets of cards without jokers
- The goal is to beat the dealer's hand trying to reach 21 without exceeding it
- AS are worth 1 or 11 according to your other cards
- Cards from 2 to 9 are worth facial values
- 10 and figures are worth 10
- After the player performs a bet, he receives 2 hidden cards.
However, the croupier receives a single visible card. The second card is distributed only after the player shows his hand.
How to play European blackjack
We have already talked about the first part of the game above. After the mailing distribution, the player must perform certain actions trying to win.
1. You earn immediately if you get a blackjack - A holding hand 21 formed of a card valid 10 and an AS.
2. If the croupier gets a blackjack too, the game goes into "push" mode
3. If the player or the dealer gets a hand that is worth more than 21, he loses automatically. It's called a "bust"
4. In case your hand is worth less than 21, you can:
at. Hit: Request an extra card
b. Stand / Stay: Stay on your game
vs. Double DOWN: Double your original bet and receive an extra card provided you stay on your game.
d. Split / Separate: Separate two identical values cards
e. Surrender: give up the game if you think you do not have a good hand. You lose half of your bet if you give up the game.
5. The player wins double his initial bet if the dealer gets a bust or his hand beats the croupier.
6. In case or croupier or player gets a blackjack and they stay on their game, the nearest hand is winning.
7. If there is equality, the turn finishes and the player receives his original bet.
Improve your game with this free European blackjack game:
Discover the others Variantes you blackjack: