Welcome, new player, on your simple guide on the Poker rules online. Poker is an exciting card game in which the winner is prolonged by the value of his hand. Poker hands are simply combinations of some cards that are awarded value. You win the game if your combination is better than your opponents.
In the Online casinos, you normally play against the house or the dealer and not other players. Learn the rules of online poker with our quick guide. Then, sign up for one of our recommended casinos below to play the best variants of the game.
Play poker on the best sites
Poker Basic Rules: Texas Hold'em Poker
Texas Hold'em Poker is sometimes considered the variant that holds the basic rules of the Online poker. At first, he did not have success among casino players. But after the introduction of global poker tournaments, little by little, it has become the most popular variant.
Today, we use Texas Hold'em rules as standard poker rules.
Here are the rules of Texas Hold'em Poker:
- First of all, the goal of the game is to get the best hand possible.
- Each player receives two hidden cards given by the button (the button position changes after each turn clockwise).
- The small blind and the big blind place mandatory bets with predestined value before the maps distribution.
- Players can now or their cards and they can to follow, Revive, or go to bed.
- When each player makes a bet, the button places the flop on the table.
- Then, a 2th Tower starts with the little blind, still in the direction of the needles of a watch. Players can checker, bet, revive, follow or go to bed.
- The turn / turning is placed on the table and the 3th Tour of bets begins.
- Then, the river / river is placed in the center of the table.
- Finally, the last round of bets begins.
At the end of the game, each player who is always at stake must reveal his cards. The players with the best combination of cards wins the tour.
The rules of other poker variants
When you know the TEXAS HOLD'EM rules, you will not encounter any difficulty with other variants. As we mentioned, the rules below are the rules of standard poker.
Generally, the terms used remain the same for each variant with few differences. Similarly, the rules are almost identical. For example, with Caribbean poker you can never lie down and the game is played between players and a dealer. Poker with 3 cards, as indicated by his name, is played with 3 cards and Omaha, with 4 cards.
You can follow our guides on the different variants of poker to learn its rules.
Glossary of online poker
For beginners, learn the rules of a new game is difficult because you often use jargon to talk about the game. So, this part is specially designed to improve your learning rules.
Here are some important terms of poker :
- Miser : Perform a bet during your turn
- checker : if no one has failed before you, you can keep your cards without making a bet
- to follow : You can bet the money equal to the setting of your opponent
- Revive : still double the bet before your turn
- Go to bed : If you find that your hand is losing, you can throw your cards / give up the game
The names given to poker players
- Button : the player who acts as long as donor / dealer
- Blind : the player to the left of the button
- Big blind : the player to the left of the little blind
- End of speech : the player to the right button
- Midship : All players sit between the blindes and the end of speech
The other basic terms of poker
- Flop : The 3 common cards placed in the middle of the table
- Turn / turning : 4th Common Card placed on the table before the 3th tower
- River : 5th Common Card placed on the table before the last round of bets
The hands of poker
- The pair : Two maps of the same value. A pair of AS is the most powerful.
- Both pairs : two pairs of identical cards
- The BRELAN : Three identical cards
- The scenes: Five cards of sequential values
- Color / Flush: Identical color cards (for example, diamond cards)
- Le Full: A BRELAN + A PAIR (very powerful)
- The square : four shifts of the same value
- La Quinte Flush: 5 cards whose values follow and in addition including the same color
- The Quinte Flush Royale: A fifth at the AS + a color / flush
Learn more about online poker with our other articles: